The Macmillan Wellbeing Centre in Trafford supports people trying to manage the psychological and emotional impact of a cancer diagnosis, whether their own or someone close to them. Through information, counselling, complementary therapies and therapeutic groups, we aim to help people find the courage and resilience to live as well as possible, for as long as possible.
The Wellbeing Centre supports people trying to manage the psychological and emotional impact of a cancer diagnosis, whether their own or someone close to them.
- We help people affected by cancer – including family members or carers who are currently supporting them.
- The Wellbeing Counselling Service also offers bereavement counselling to adults experiencing difficulties following a bereavement from any cause.
- Over 18’s only and living in Trafford or registered with a Trafford GP.
The team comprises of Supportive Care Co-ordinators, Counselling Service Co-ordinators (see separate entry for Wellbeing Counselling Service), Volunteer Co-ordinator and volunteers, Complimentary Therapists and admin support.
- Person centred assessments.
- We work with our clients to identify their particular concerns and challenges, and together plan and implement appropriate and individual therapeutic support.
- Whilst someone is a client of the Centre, we will provide ongoing regular reviews, emotional support and practical advice. Following discharge from the Centre, we will remain a point of contact if needed.
Macmillan Wellbeing Centre
Moorside Road (at the entrance to Trafford General Hospital)
Phone: 0161 746 2080 (voicemail available)
Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm, Friday 9am – 4:30pm.
Free parking for up to 3 hours is available across the Trafford General Hospital site.
Provides emotional and therapeutic support to people affected by cancer, including their family members or carers.
How to refer
- Referrals via GP or self-referral via 0161 746 2080
(Clients can self refer, be referred by any healthcare or mental health professional, or by a family member/carer.)
- There are referral forms for both services, or referrals can be made over the telephone.
- Our clients are seen quickly at a time and date convenient to them.
Information last reviewed: August 2022