Come and join a new team providing first class NHS care in the community to keep people out of hospital and independent in their own home.
Trafford Local Care Organisation is the partnership organisation that provides NHS community health services to the people of the borough. We work closely with our partners in adult social care to do that.
We’re now creating a new service in Trafford called Trafford Community Response (TCR). TCR aims to reduce the need for people to go into hospital by wrapping expert care around them in the community. It’s made up of two main parts – Community Crisis Response and Discharge to Assess.
- The Community Crisis Response team will work to respond quickly to keep people who are in a crisis at home with the right level of treatment and support from an expert multi-disciplinary team of professionals. This Community Crisis Response team will take calls from the ambulance service, primary care and even hospitals to respond to patients who would otherwise need to go to A&E and into acute hospital care. It’s our emergency service in the community, responding rapidly to keep people safe in their place of residence. The team will be made up of Advanced Clinical Practitioners, community nurses, social workers, pharmacists and therapists who will provide up to 72 hours of input to stabilise and support before handing over to mainstream community services.
- When people do need to go to hospital, the Discharge to Assess team will support them to be discharged as quickly as possible people to remain independent at home and have their ongoing care and assessments at home rather than in a hospital bed. This team is also made up of health and social care professionals working together to provide assessments and interventions for up to six weeks.
Join the team and make a difference
It’s an exciting time to join this fantastic new service in Trafford. We’re looking for skilled, caring and ambitious staff to join us as we continue our launch over the coming months. We have fantastic opportunities in a number of roles as we redesign and strengthen some of our existing teams to provide this new service.
- Occupational Therapist (Band 6) – Discharge to Assess
- Community Physiotherapist (Band 6) – Discharge to Assess
- Specialist Nurse (Band 6) – Discharge to Assess
- Community Administrator (Band 3) – Crisis Response
Check back for other vacancies regularly!
Working with us
Our NHS teams are employed by Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) and deployed to the local care organisation so you will have the benefits of being employed by the largest NHS Trust in the country while working in a pioneering integrated community service.
What our staff say about working in Community Response services
Don’t just take our word for it that Community Response is a great place to work and develop your career, watch and read some of our staff sharing their experience.
Crisis Response in action
Watch the video below from BBC Breakfast News (broadcast December 2022) to find out a bit more about how our pioneering Crisis Response teams work across Manchester and Trafford. It features the North Manchester Crisis Response Team who use the model we’re adopting in Trafford.